6.11.2011

lola's blessing

We had Lola's blessing on May 1st at our church.

here's a little family photo afterward

Abe gave her the blessing and it was beautiful.

Her lovely little dress was made by my mom.


I really can't even put into words how much I love her dress!
It's a creamy eyelet fabric with white lace trim.
So beautiful!  Thank you, mama!


here is a picture of four generations of women


My cute grandma, Gayle Maxwell, on the left.  My sweet mom, Maurine Harris, on the right.
And of course baby Lola and me in the middle.
The women on my mom's side are very strong, smart and capable women.  I only hope Lola and I can inherit those traits.

While we were sitting in church, Abe and I were overwhelmed with gratitude and love for our families.  So much of my family was able to make it, which is rare due to the large number of us.  Five of my seven siblings made it along with my parents, grandma, and a whole bunch of my nieces and nephews.
Abe's younger sister, parents, grandparents, aunt and uncle were able to make it as well.

We are so thankful for our family and friends and all the love and support they give us.
We are especially thankful for the gospel and how blessed we are because of it.

Thanks to all our family for basically doing everything for us!  Cooking, serving, cleaning, entertaining, etc. so that we could relax and enjoy the day.

It was a beautiful day that we will always remember.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe that your Mom made that beautiful dress? That is amazing and yes Lola looks beautiful in it!

    ReplyDelete