11.27.2009

Thanks for the pie making lessons, Mama!

We had Thanksgiving at my inlaw's this year, so I voluteered to make some apple pies.  My mom has been giving me lessons periodically over the past few years and I think I've finally got it down.  I made them with no help this time and they turned out beautiful and delicious!  Pie making is an ART not to be taken for granted.  Next time you eat a piece of beautiful and delicious homemade pie, know that it came from lots and lots of practice!  Here's mine:


Now just the top crust...


Into the oven....


Hooray for pie!
My mom's (or really my grandma Maxwell's) apple pie recipe is the only kind of fruit pie I like.... besides pumpkin.  But that doesn't count, does it?
Anyway, Thanksgiving dinner was wonderful this year!  Thanks Dan & Eve for all your hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment