12.01.2009

Decorating for Christmas!!

I have fond memories of the holiday season when I was little.  I remember it was always the day after Thanksgiving, I'd wake up to my parents decorating the house for Christmas and listening to Christmas music such as:  old Mannheim Steamroller, Bing Crosby, The Oakridge Boys and.... my all time favorite still.... The Roger Whittaker Christmas Album.  I would huddle up by our giant 1980's speakers and listen to "Tiny Angels".  Oh how I love those memories.  Needless to say, I, and most of my 7 siblings, have that album and listen to it still to this day.

My parents never really decorated for any other holiday.  Not that I can remember.  But Christmas... watch out!  My dad would even put Christmas-y tassels on the cabinet knobs!  I loved it!  Thanks mom and dad for those fun memories.  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment