7.08.2010

4th of july fun

I suppose it's about time I did a post about our Independence Day celebrations.  We did SOOOO much, yet I have soooo few pictures.  It's truly disappointing.  The weather cooled WAY down for the weekend which was just wonderful!  Was in the low to mid 80's with a lovely light breeze.  Perfect! 
We partied with friends on Saturday afternoon into the night.  It was full of games and kiddie pools and yummy food and good conversation and a neighborhood worth of fireworks! 
Then on Sunday we enjoyed dinner al fresco at my inlaws. 
Then Monday morning we ran the Layton City 5k with family, ran home and showered in time to return to the center of town for the Layton City parade.  It's kind of a silly little parade, but Noah loved it.  Here are some photo's of that:

This is our little spot on the side of the road.  Again, it was perfect weather!  Certainly hot, but not too hot to sit in the sun and watch a silly parade.
I know that Noah doesn't look thrilled.  But once the candy started getting thrown, he was plenty happy!

He LOVED the firetrucks!

This cool old tractor was fun!  Click on the photo to enlarge and see what the sign says!

This here is why I love silly hometown parades! 
Just an old guy on his lawnmower with a little trailor all decked out in red, white and blue!  Love it!

Noah loved the pretty horses!

We did too until they ALL decided to unload right in front of us!
And then these guys were our parade heroes:
I supposed they anticipated a LOT of horse poop to bring out the tractor...??
They got the BIGGEST cheers from the crowd.

That about sums up my pictures, but we had more dinner al fresco at the inlaws with more family.
Then we headed down to the park for the fireworks. 
Noah loved it!  It's so fun now that he's old enough to enjoy stuff like this.  He kept yelling out the colors and saying "again!".  We had a great weekend.
Abe and I both have July 4th at the top of our holiday lists. 
It's great because it's summer, it's picnics, it's fireworks, it's family and above all, we feel very blessed to live in such an amazing country!

2 comments:

  1. I love small town parades! We had the same experience during our fourth celebration! The tractors and firetrucks were a hit with my son too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is so funny that we both have pictures of our little guys watching the Fire Trucks!!! Those parades are GREAT!!! I am glad that you had a wonderful weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete