10.18.2010

my favorite time of year

Like so many of you, this is my favorite time of year!  The cool and crisp fall air, the colors, wearing sweaters, endless craft ideas, warm fireplaces, pumpkins, silly Halloween fun, wonderful togetherness of Thanksgiving, and the excitement and joy and peace and love of Christmas time! 
Such a beautiful season that holds so many fond memories, both recent and distant.  I love it so!

One of my favorite things to make any time of year, but is an especially yummy treat in the fall is my grandma's apple pie!  Pie making is truly an artform that needs practice and nurturing (thanks again for the lessons, Mom!).  Each time I make it, it gets a little easier and a little prettier.
A while ago I made two pies, both of which were gobbled up by family (and mostly me) before I even thought to get a picture.
So... I'm left with this photo, which is almost as satisfying as a beautiful pie picture, because at least I know it was delicious too!


As for our house, Noah helped me put up the Halloween decorations in September.  He loves the "scaries" as he calls anything Halloween related.  I truly love my ghoulish decor so hopefully I can get some pictures up soon.
Outside, I used my fall wreath I made from last year because I still love it so much!


Here is our house as of today.


And just so you all know, I planted the exact same flowers in the front flower bed as I did in the side bed on the left.
Just goes to show you what a little sunshine will do.  I guess I need some serious shade-loving plants next spring for the front bed since our house faces north.


I've said it before and I'll say it again... I love my beautiful home.  If you'd like, click HERE to see a small history of our 100 year old farmhouse.  The upstairs is still completely stripped to the studs as we haven't figured out the funding to finish it yet.  But not much makes me happier than pulling into our gravel driveway to this beautiful home and knowing that it's ours.  We love it so very much!

2 comments:

  1. I love your decorations!!! I need to get in gear and buy some for Davis!!! Your house is soooooooooo cute!!! Every time I drive by it I glance at it and think how adorable it is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Katie - is there a chance I might be able to get you to share your Grandma's apple pie recipe with me, since she is my Grandma too...pretty please! :)

    ReplyDelete